This past Saturday I invited Mr.X over to my place for dinner. I didn't go too overboard with dinner - lasagna, salad, and bread. Shortly after Mr.X showed up, Mandy appeared in the kitchen to come check him out. I was very curious how she would react because up until this point she has been a man-hater! Mandy didn't like my cousin. And she had a sort of love/hate thing going with my dad. She would hiss and growl but keep approaching him for attention. Mandy hissed once at Mr.X and that was it. Mr.X didn't seem to be a big fan of cats, but at least he offered a hand to try and pet her. Mr.X made it through the night with only a few scratches. He was also nice enough to tolerate Mandy's behavior as queen of the house. My dining table has a lattice shelf under the tabletop. Well, Mandy crawled around that. She also tried to get on the table numerous times. On one of these attempts, Mr.X gave her a gentle nudge back down onto the chair. But Mandy's claw had hooked itself onto a place mat and began taking that, and the bottle of wine sitting on the place mat, with her. Thankfully I caught the bottle in time!
I am a little confused as to what exactly Mr.X's feelings are towards me. We have gone out a few other times and there is plenty of flirting and little touches here and there. And we also exchange flirty messages. But the last two times we got together, all I got was a hug. Hugs are good, but sometimes you want/need more!! I am pretty sure Mr.X likes me. Could it be that he doesn't realize that I am attracted to him? Is he just "slow"? It's a little frustrating. No plans have been made for another get-together - I hesitate to use the word "date." I just want some clear sign that he is interested in me.
Now don't get me wrong - I did have a really good time with Mr.X on Saturday. I enjoyed cooking and entertaining, the conversation, and the company. He did make me do one thing though that I hate - making phone calls to strangers. I force myself to make phone calls for work. But other than that, I do my best not to. For example, I will order pizza online rather than calling on the phone. I told Mr.X this and he made me call Papa Johns. I was to ask for "Antonio." (Mr.X didn't know any Antonio, he just figured that there would be one working there!) Once I asked for Antonio, I could give the phone to Mr.X and he would do the talking. I begrudgingly made the call. I think that was almost as bad, if not worse than just getting a hug a goodbye!!
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hmmm...Mr. X, huh? My "heart monitor" didn't pick that up yesterday! PS--I hate ordering food over the phone, too. I make my kids or husband do it.
You shouldn't have told me that. When you come to Seattle not only will you eat your first corndog, but you will have to make random phone calls now too. :o)
I'll have to have my first iced tea when I am home too!
I think Mr. X needs a kick in the butt to make him move faster.
Or... you need to barrow my "balls" and take charge!!
Do I really have to do all the work??? Can't Mr.X pick-up some of the slack? He has balls .... theoretically.
Maybe you should post your picture in his work area. I sold your photo from the Christmas party to some guy in Russia for his Buy-A-Bride website or I'd give you that one for Mr. X. *Your post on my blog just cracked me up! :O)
Post a Comment