Sunday, November 23, 2008

Best Barista EVER!!

Usually if you go to a Starbucks with somewhat regularity, a barista will remember your drink order. It's nice being able to say "I'll have the usual." The only time this is a problem is when you decide to change up your drink order. It can cause some confusion. Anyway....

The best barista I have ever met was Ken (Note to JF: yes, there is a non-DB one out there!), the manager at the Sbux in the Pentagon City Mall. I would go there before work and sometimes meet raine_days there too. Ken would see me in line and get my drink started. In the summer he would simply ask "hot or iced" and I would get my drink. He knew I would meet raine_days so if I got there before her, he would ask if my friend was on her way and would then get her drink started. Fridays were the best - I'd get a free upgrade to venti. Just because! Then Ken disappeared. Then one weekend while out shopping, raine_days and I went to the Caribou at Fairfax Corner and lo and behold Ken was there!! He left Sbux to help open new Caribou shops. I'm sure we got a free upgrade or something that day. Then he disappeared from that store, only to be found again in Lorton! We went there and not only got free venti coffees, but free pastries as well. This guy rocks!!! To this day I have never found a more attentive or friendly barista. And I got to Starbucks A LOT!!

1 comment:

Carol Swift said...

You just haven't been to my son's store yet. :o)