Today was the day of our meeting. We got to the office around 9am or so. It was just a quick cab ride from the hotel. We had stopped at Einstein Bagel for breakfast before the meeting but there was a pretty good spread there - coffee, doughnuts, bagels, water. The meeting was interesting to say the least. DB was getting fired up and for some reason I am always entertained when he gets fired up! But we were done by about 3pm. It was back to the hotel to chill for a while before going to dinner with a friend of DB's who works in the CHicago office.
We met up around 4:30pm in the hotel bar and watched some basketball. We were just waiting for the call from DB's friend. He had to go home first and switch cars before heading back into the city. We went to dinner at this really neat place. I can't remember the name though! It was an Italian place. We all got the pizza pot pie, which this place is known for. Your pizza comes to your table still in the dish it was cooked in, looking just like a pot pie! Then the waiter inverted the pizza on a plate so that it was like eating out of a pizza bowl! After dinner we hit the restrooms before heading out and I got a little nervous because the bathrooms were single rooms only. I warned DB that I have a penchant for getting locked in bathrooms. My fears did not subside either when I got in the bathroom and saw on the door a label saying "push to lock door." I'm guessing there have been problems in the past. I was worried because I kind of turned the locked as I pushed it in. But I made it out without having to call one of the guys!! I know I would never live that one down!
The Pizza Pot Pie.
We then drove to Wrigley Field for a photo op. before heading to a blues club. I have never been to a blues club before so I wasn't sure what to expect. All I could think about was that scene in "Animal House" when the guys take their dates to the blues bar!! Apparently, so did DB because he kept quoting a lines from that scene! This place was awesome! it was almost like two bars. Two bands were playing that night and instead of switching spots on stage, there were two stages and the patrons moved back and forth! I ordered a beer which caused some concern with the guys since I drank the night before. I was also ordered a second Corona by mistake even though I didn't really want one. But I drank it anyway - just slowly. At one point I made a comment to DB and ML about feeling like I was in the scene from "Adventures in Babysitting" when they end up in the blues club (in Chicago) and can't leave until they sing the blues! Then not 5 minutes later, DB's friend says the exact thing and calls me Elisabeth Shue! The guys tried to get me to go up in front of the stage ans dance with the lead singer since he was standing there. I got my picture with him but I was too chicken to dance with this guy. They were trying to help me create a "story" since I don't have any good ones.
Me and the blues singer.
The evening there was a lot of fun except towards the end of the night, I kind of felt like a third wheel. Like I was keeping the guys from talking how they really wanted to talk because I am female. At one point DB said something I really never wanted to hear him say - I have even blocked what it was that he said! - and he turns to me and says "ear muffs!" I almost felt like they were talking about me too. Things were fine and dandy until DB orders some greasy fish and chips. That combined with the fact that I drank more beer than I wanted to, made me get a little queasy. I only threw up a little. I get perfomance anxiety about puking in public places! I can usually hold on until I get home!! Okay, that was probably a little too much info for you there - sorry! Anyway, it was still a great night!!!
2 comments:
I'm glad your bathroom experience wasn't tramatic. Did you guys actually work on this trip?
Yes, we actually did work! I would just never blog about our work due to its sensitive nature. Duh!
Post a Comment