Sunday, March 1, 2009
SoCal - Epilogue
I forgot this great tidbit of info from my trip.....I find out that my brother will be coming to Vegas in two weeks with his girlfriend. The purpose of the trip? One of my brother's friend's is hosting their fantasy baseball league draft. And I guess my brother's girlfriend decided to tag-along on the trip to Vegas. No other wives/girlfriends are coming to the "draft." I was told, "oh, by the way, you will be entertaining Heather that day while I'm at the draft. And she isn't good with self-entertainment." Great. I've met her twice: once at Christmas the other year and once in DC while my brother was visiting her (she lives in Virginia.) I was hoping television and the internet would be enough for her. It's enough for me and my immediate family! Well, I wouldn't mind some Diet Coke thrown in the mix and I'm sure others wouldn't mind beer. But at least we are capable of entertaining ourselves! It's not like I know his girlfriend that well and it's not like she has tried to get to know me. She sends my mom emails for some reason. That's nice. My mom has a daughter - a darned good one too if I say so myself!! And my brother even makes it sound like taking the girlfriend to lunch and a movie will be a task. From what I gather she will want to go see some ultra chick flick while I want to see the latest Ah-nold movie or something. She's only one year older than me yet she somehow had her head in the whole during the 1980s because she gets practically zero pop culture references. I guess I should be more open-minded since she is probably going to be my sister-in-law in the next year or so. Ay carumba!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can't wait to read the "after visit" posts! :o)
Awww...It won't be so bad! There is plenty of fun stuff to do in Vegas. I bet it's not necessarily that she NEEDS to be entertained as much as she'll be visiting somewhere different...I know I wouldn't want to go somewhere cool like Vegas and spend my time watching TV and playing on the internet! It's normal for you because you live there, but just for a day I'm sure you'll find something fun to do. I know it's tough getting to know new people sometimes, but just relax and try to have fun!
Post a Comment