This past weekend I went to the OC to visit my brother. My mom also was there - she flew down from Seattle. The main purpose of our trip was to help get my bro a little organized in his office. His office assisatant sounds like she pretty much sucks (as in she doesn't do a darned thing) and I think my brother is too nice to fire her. ANyway, mom got there THursday and was put to work right away. I drove out on Friday. The drive was actually really nice and went by fairly fast. It was the first time I drove out to California by myself.
After I got to California, my mom met me at our hotel - there is no way in hell we would ever stay at my brother's apartment. Then we drove back over to my brother's office. My duties included printing mailing labels and putting postage on envelopes. We had an early dinner at Black Angus. Since all I had previously in the day was basically coffe, coffee, and more coffee, I was more than able to down the 12 oz. prime rib I ordered!! After dinner we took a drive to Huntington Beach, walked out on the pier, and then grabbed a drink at a bar. Yes, even I had a drink! Originally I wasn't going to since I had a couple the night before, but I figured with the big dinner I just ate, there'd be no problem!
Saturday was another day, or rather morning, at the office. My brother only put us to work until noon when the Husky basketball game started. He went back to his place while my mom and I went shopping. Later in the afternoon we met up and headed north to Culver City to visit my cousin and his wife and son. We had a great evening visiting with them. Unfortunately we had to cut the night short since I had to get back to get a decent amount of sleep since I was leaving early Sunday. I dropped my mom off at the airport in Long Beach around 6:30am. I took the wrong on ramp to the 405 and instead of going south, I was heading north. I just wanted to turn around but the stupid GPS wanted to take me some other convoluted route. I was getting really frustrated. Finally I saw a sign for the Long Beach airport again and just retraced my steps to the 405, this time getting on the correct ramp! I decided to stop at McDonalds near where we stayed so I would at least eat something that morning. Otherwise it would be another day of Starbucks coffee until I got home! The drive out of Cali was great! There was barely anyone on the roads. I made good time and rolled into my garage at 11:21am. After unloading everything and getting the laundry going, I got in bed to take a nap. Then my friend called which delayed my nap, but for a good cause! The rest of my afternoon was spent in bed dozing while watching vH1 reality shows.
Me, my cousin, and my brother
1 comment:
I hate driving in CA! We almost always get lost, but now I have a GPS. At least I thought the GPS would help until I read your blog!
Post a Comment