Saturday, November 8, 2008

Hangin' Tough


The first weekend in Las Vegas that was truly exciting and involved talking to people other than my barista at Starbucks was Columbus Day weekend. The New Kids on the Block (NKOTB) were performing at Mandalay Bay and I deperately wanted to go. However, since I know no one here, I didn't have anyone to go with. My friend Julie in Seattle is a big NKOTB fan (she's going to the concerts in both Seattle and BC) and jokingly she said that if I paid for her ticket and airfare, she would go. So I said OK! Julie was joking and I don't think she realized how starved I was for social interaction. The afternoon before the concert I finally convinced her to go! And her friend Angela, also a die-hard NKOTB fan, came along as well.


The concert f***king rocked!! It was way better than their concert I went to in 1989 at the Puyallup Fair. And I had 11th row seat tickets for that one! The venue at Mandalay wasn't too big and our seats were close enough to see the stage without needing to look at the jumbo-tron.


Back in the day, I was all about Jordan - even when he had the rat tail thing. I was also partial to Jonathan. I waffled between liking one Knight over the other. I thought Danny was butt. What a difference 19 years makes! Danny is pretty hot. Sure he is only 5'8", but he is cut! And he is a good break dancer!! And he isn't gay like Jonathan. And Jordan lost points when he went on the Surreal Life. Donnie looks good too. Joey just never did anything for me. My BFF back in grade school liked him, so being the good friend that I am, I could never like him. Anyway, it was great to see my friend for 23 hours and to go see an awesome concert!!

No comments: