Saturday, November 8, 2008

Raine, Raine, Don't Go Away!

Last week I found out that my good friend raine_days would be in town this weekend with her family. She works back in Virginia. We sat next to each other in training in Q-Town. She is also the friend that drove out to Las Vegas with me in September. I was super excited when she told me she was coming to Vegas. Yes, it's only been 6 weeks, but I am starved for friends!! At the time I talked to her, I had tentative plans to have drinks with this guy that I mustered up the courage to ask out, and I was more excited about the prospect of seeing my friend!! And I was pretty darn excited about going out for drinks. So, it worked out that seeing my pal would be the highlight of my week. Here it is, a week later, and drinks have yet to be had. But that could be a whole other posting......

Anyway, I met up with her, her parents, and brother for dinner last night at CUT. It was really good. No celebrity sightings, but still good. It was the first time I tried Kobe beef. I also had the baked Alaska for dessert in honor of Palin's defeat this past Tuesday. Tomorrow I am picking up raine_days at her hotel. The plan is to grab breakfast and hang out until it is time for her to fly out. Yay! I get to show off my new house and my new kitten!

No comments: