
Today at work I was talking to someone who had recently gone out to the casinos and lost some money to the one-armed bandit. I have been in Las Vegas for 4 months now and have yet to go gamble once. In fact, I have never gambled in Las Vegas or the state of Neveda - ever! Now that is not to say I have never gambled. I have been to a few Indian casinos and have found myself in international waters a couple of times as well. I think I won $9 on a cruise once. I know that's not a lot but I was 16 and two years too young to be gambling on the ship. I'm not a big gambler by any means, but I would like to say I've played the slots once. Part of me though is disillusioned because you no longer get to pull the arm of the slot machine. That was most of the fun!! The other part also wants to see how long I can live here without ever betting a penny. I mean Smiths grocery store even has slot machines!! How crazy is that?? But I have never played any of the other games - blackjack, craps, roulette, etc.. and I would like to give those a go just once. I know I won't win anything substantial, I just want to quote Wesley Snipes once and say "I always bet on black." Well, that's a paraphrase really, but the other person in our group who most likely knows the answer doesn't follow my blog. So as far as you all know - that's the really quote! Oh wait, I told you it wasn't. Nerts. I guess I'll just have to go spend my money at Town Square instead. :-)
2 comments:
I won $1200 once playing Wheel of Fortune at Green Valley Ranch. That's how come I have lots of Sid Dickens tiles on my wall.
I'm taking my Aunt Sherrie tonight!! I hope we win big! Mama needs a new car!!!
Post a Comment