My visit with my friend was great! It seemed like the last 5 days have been nothing but eating and shopping....not that there is anything wrong with that! Friday we went to CPK. Mmm....red velvet cake. The last time we went to CPK was in the ABQ. We were on our way out to Vegas from DC and stopped for lunch in the ABQ (that was also the name of the shopping area) on our drive from Amarillo, TX to Winslow, AZ. That day we both were wearing sweats and t-shirts. It wasn't until we got up to leave CPK that we realized how severely underdressed we were and most other people realized it too! Thankfully this time we were appropriately dressed! Saturday we drove out to LA (well, Pasadena really) and met up with my brother for dinner. We went to the Yardhouse. Now before raine_days arrived, my mom told me that if we met my bro for dinner I could use her credit card to pay for dinner. HOWEVER, that is only if my bro was unaware of my mom's potential generosity. See, if he knew, he would order 4 or 5 imported beers and the most expensive item on the menu without hesitation. Since the bro remained unaware, he ordered clam chowder, crab cake sanwich, and one beer (he had two before we were seated but he foot that bill). But here's the best part! When the check came, he asked me "you still have mom's credit card, right? Why don't you use that?" LOL!!! Oh yeah, my bro is 33 years old - not 13! We also went to a few places I haven't been to before: Kona Grill, the Elephant BAr, and some Mexican place by my house.
When we weren't eating, or visiting Starbucks, we were shopping. We went to the outlet mall by work, Town Square, the outlet mall in Primm, Fashion Show, and the District. Phew! We found some great deals. Raine_days got a blazer/jacket from Ann Taylor Loft, originally priced at $100, for $7!!!! You read that correctly! I got a few tops from there for under $11. It was so cheap we almost felt bad....almost. We bought a few other things here and there. Banana Republic sucked me in once again. Why does blue have to be the "in" color this season??? Don't be surprised if I start wearing blue every day of the (work) week. I think I could go almost a month before repeating a blue shirt. What can I say? It's my "signature" color!
No comments:
Post a Comment