In a little more than two days one of my bestest friends, raine_days, will be in town!!! She gets in Friday morning and leaves Tuesday afternoon. So I will be taking most of Friday and all of Tuesday off from work. However, we will be making a visit to the office on Tuesday. I have mentioned raine_days before (and maybe you have seen her comments from time to time), but to refresh, we became friends our analyst training (we are alphabetically next to each other so we sat next to one another for several weeks). Raine_days is the friend that I can truly show my snarky side to. I can say the most politcally incorrect things - things I would never say around my new co-workers. You would think that I was not such a nice person. Okay, who am I kidding, I'm not a nice person, just in the sense that I don't love everyone and wonder why we can't just all get along. I may be a liberal tree-hugger, however, I draw the line at not shaving my legs and armpits and blaming men for every ill of society. It's not men, but white men.....kidding, kidding. Seriously. It's white men. What? Who's typing here? Must be another bug from facebook.
ANYWAY, once raine_days discovered how I hate clowns she does nothing but get me clowns for "gifts." They are only cool in the sense that they come from around the globe. Well, the OG clown is Bobo. A musical art piece from our very own Las Vegas. The description on his box says "clown, red, hat." He is dressed mostly in blue. The others are Chepe (El Salvador), Nigel (England), Rene (Belgium), Pavel (Poland), Jerome or Girard - I can't remember which (France), and one from Austria and Italy but I can't remember their names. Raine_days and I decide upon the name. It must be representative of the home country. She claims Chepe is a baby toy, but it squeaks and looks more like a dog toy. In fact, Mandy likes playing with him. Nigel is my "travelling gnome" and travels with me. Nigel also has a brother, Alastair, that raine_days has. Only Rene and Pavel are on my desk at work - hidden by my desk calendar. Oh my gosh! I almost forgot Chuckles!! He is an Amish clown with a coke habit. And not the kind of coke I'm addicted to. We picked him up outside of Philadelphia. He was the original travelling "gnome." But he was scary looking so Nigel got called up from the minors to take Chuckles' place.
So how weird do you think I am now? Carol, you better not be retracting your comment about being glad I joined the work group!! LOL!!!!! I know where you sit!
2 comments:
Actually, I was thinking I like you even more, now! I love your sense of humor! Why does Chuckles have a coke habit?
I really can't remember why Chuckles has a coke habit. He is from Amish country. Maybe he picked it up in the "big city" during his rumspringa???
Post a Comment