My old cat, D'Art (short for D'Artagnan), was the king of "perching." He would sit on top of the fridge alot, but his favorite spot was the top of one of the two armoires in my parent's bedroom. After getting in the morning to eat his breakfast, he would go to his "perch" as my family called it, and would stay there until 10:30am or 11am. Longer if it was rainy. Well, it seems that Mandy has found her perch in the house.
When I came home Friday afternoon, Mandy promptly showed me what she had been working on all day. She hopped up on the counter, the the fridge, then the tops of the cabinets, and THEN she hopped up onto the wall around the kitchen. I measured this morning and that wall is 9 feet tall! But of course my crazy kitty wasn't done yet! She then leaped across the hallway to the ledge by the front door. Mandy ended her journey in the half-circle window above my front door!!! It was at this point she freaked out a bit since she couldn't turn around to go back the way she came. She made a few leaps to the floor that really scared me. I was worried my Little Girl would hurt her leg or back or worse!! But she seems to enjoy herself up there!
I just know that the day I finally do have people over to my house, will be the day that Mandy decides to go to her perch ,and because she can, she will leap down onto someone's shoulders. Most likely the person who dislikes cats the most!!
2 comments:
I think you need to move your furniture around so she can comfortably get down from her perch. Maybe you need to rush out and buy a ladder or something to prop up against the window. Or, you could build a platform for her to walk back and forth. Come on! Mandy deserves it!
She's like a cougar!!!
Post a Comment