As you all know by now, I am severely addicted to caffeine. I go to Starbucks waaaaayyyyy too much. Today was kind of a boiling over point for me. Usually I'd go to Starbucks regularly until they knew my drink or my name. Whichever came first. I haven't done this since moving to Nevada. My local Sbux has recently picked up their game. I'd walk in and am asked, "grande?", "iced?", "the usual?" Then they got to the point where they didn't have to ask me my drink when I got to the register. Today topped it all. I was a couple people back in line when I saw the barista put a coffee on the counter and tell the gal at the register that that coffee was for Sue - aka me. My drink actually beat me to the front of the line!!!
So at work today, I made a bet with Dallas. In a week I am going cold turkey off all caffeine - coffee, pop, chocolate, my favorite headache pain reliever! I apologize, over a week in advance, for the bitchiness, bad attitude, lack of caring about you, the whining, and the complaining. I'm sorry for snapping at you because you had the nerve to ask me a question when I have a raging headache I can't get rid of because stupid Excedrin tension headache contains caffeine! But I'm not scared.....Okay, maybe just a little.
Friday, May 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Now I wish I was taking next week off. I'm getting a bad feeling about this "no caffiene" thing.
No chocolate...man that sucks
Are we taking bets?
Hahahahah!!! How'd the first day go??? I can't wait to come to work tomorrow with a fresh grande iced non-fat mocha!!!
I think it would be a feat for you to just give up caffeinated coffee and diet coke for a week....there's hardly any caffeine in chocolate anyway!!
Post a Comment