
When I was younger I always wondered how people like Michael Jackson and Madonna could have fans in countries that didn't speak English. How did they know the words to the songs? In the "few" years since then I have realized it is all memorization. I think the first song I learned in a foreign language was "Frère Jacques" when I was preschool or kindergarten. But I don't think it was until Ricky Martin and Enrique Iglesias became popular awhile back that I liked a song in another language without knowing its meaning. I bought Ricky Martin's Spanish language album and can sing along to a couple of the songs. I have no idea what I'm saying though except for a word here or there. I tried this weekend to learn some of the lyrics to a few Pitbull and Daddy Yankee songs, but that is muy difícil!! I can follow the more lyrical parts of the song but once they start rapping, I am lost!! I have no desire to have the lyrics translated into English though. I think I can pretty much guarantee that they are dirty!!
1 comment:
I KNOW they are dirty! I've translated most of them...
Post a Comment