Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Treasure Trove of Crap
When my dad came down to visit last month, he drove so he could take all the things I had stored at my parents' house. There were 21 Rubbermaid crates and one bookcase. Apparently my dad decided to bring anything I may have breathed on. There were graduation caps and gowns, a couple bridesmaid dresses, a lot of books, even more notebooks full of notes from college classes, my Cabbage Patch kids, I think every stuffed animal I ever owned, and a bunch of other random things. Not everything that made its way to Las Vegas was mine though. One crate had my mom's Tiny Tears doll and a Madame Alexandre doll from when she was a girl. Both of these dolls are easily over 50 years old. When I asked my mom if she wanted them back, she told me to keep them. I am to consider them my inheritance. Gee, thanks? I thought Tiny Tears was creepy as kid, and it still kind of creeps me out! In that same box was my Teela doll, some She-Ra doll, but the rest of my He-Man toys were absent. I think Castle Gray Skull is still in Seattle. Also, a few of my brother's GI Joes -Tomax and Xamot, Duke, and one of Zartan's cronies - were in that same crate. The sad thing is I actually remembered the names to the action figures. I guess I'll be keeping those too!! Well, Christmas is coming up. Maybe my brother will be nostalgic for toys from the 1980s!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How fun! I still have an almost 50 year old stuffed panda bear I had as a kid.
Post a Comment