Thursday, January 15, 2009

MANDATE





What's a Mandate you ask? Why it is an update on my Mandy!! My little girl is practically 5 months old and just as crazy, mischievious, and loveable as ever! She has reverted back to her "bitey" stage as I like to call it. That is where she nips at my feet and hands with her razors, I mean kitten teeth. But then she'll start purring and I'll forget everything. Her latest "trick" is pulling down the shower rod in my guest bathroom. I believe we are up to 5 times now that she has pulled the shower curtain, rod and all, down. This is since Sunday evening.



Mandy also has a taste for paper products - toilet paper, napkins, toilet paper rolls, gum wrappers, and the treat of all treats - paper towels. I have to be careful when the roll gets down to the end because it is light enough for her to bat around. This evening I come home from work to find an empty paper towel roll on the kitchen floor and 6 wet paper towels on the floor. Mandy must have been playing with the roll when an edge of one sheet landed in her water dish. Capillary action did the rest. Ugh. Mandy is also a fan of water from the tap. Most cats I've owned will come running when you call "here kitty kitty." Not Mandy. You just turn on the faucet. Hey! Maybe Mandy turned on the water in my backyard last week and just forgot to tell me?! My favorite is when she comes running in from another room and when I pick her up, her paws are totally wet. She also likes to stick her paws in one of her 4 water dishes. (Is that too many?)

3 comments:

Carol Swift said...

Four water dishes? Hmmm...I only have one for my dogs and one for my cat. You are a really good pet owner--lucky Mandy. What is it about paper products that draw the attention of animals. My Buzz likes to play with the toilet paper roll.

Dallas said...

I'll have you know that ALL of Mandy's relatives are also a fan on paper products!!! And her half brother McDreamy is also a fan of shower curtains!

Ron said...

Studies show that cat owners enjoy longevity...something about the calmness they can pass on to us. Right!