Friday, February 6, 2009

I'm Just A Soul Whose Intentions Are Good....



Over the last week I have spent A LOT of time on itunes buying music. I bought a few golden oldies here and there and now I can't stop!! I have bought 31 songs since February 1st. That is more than a song a day for the month of February and it's only the 6th!!!!

I used to always to listen to the oldies station in the car with my mom. So I am pretty well versed in songs from the 50s, 60s, and to a lesser extent the 70s. Most of these songs I don't have on CD, so I went hunting on itunes for them. Who knew Gary Lewis and The Playboys were on itunes? I think I heard a song last weekend that I wanted and it Spiral Starecased from there! (note: Spiral Starecase is a group from the 60s. I suggest looking them up.)

I bought songs by the Zombies, Animals, the Byrds, the Turtles, Lou Christie, John Lennon, Three Dog Night, Bobby Darin, Del Shannon, the Contours, the Chiffons, and the Drifters to name a few. Then I bought some more recent songs: 50 Cent and two from the movie "Slumdog Millionaire." Then I got on a 90s kick: Timmy T, Tommy Page, Bryan Adams, Blind Melon. There were a few others, but those are my true guilty pleasures that I seriously won't admit to owning or knowing all the words. However, put me near a jukebox and you might, just maybe, catch me shelling out my hard earned cash on these guilty pleasures!

3 comments:

The Neilsons said...

Okay, come clean...what are the guilty pleasures? By the way, love the Timmy T Song and I think we sing it just as well if not better...boo hiss Charlie, he doesn't know great talent when he sees it.

Carol Swift said...

In the olden days, I saw Three Dog Night at a place called the Ice Palace in Vegas. It was a ice skating rink by day and a rock band concert place on weekends. I love iTunes.

Pick-Up Artist said...

Kristi - you're right - we did do a good job singing!!

Okay - the guilty pleasures (downloaded since 2/1/09): "A Whole New World", Britney Spears "If U Seek Amy," Quad City DJs "C'mon 'n Ride It (The Train)", and Kansas "Dust in the Wind."