Saturday, June 27, 2009

Doctor's Visit

Today I took Mandy to the vet for her shots. My poor Little Girl. The vet tech comes in to weigh Mandy and get her temp. What does Mandy do? She hisses and tries to bite the nice girl. She tried coaxing Mandy onto the scale, who wouldn't even go for a cat treat. I had to pick Mandy up and hold my arms around the scale like a little bubble to keep Mandy on the scale. I finally realized how tiny Mandy really is. She only weighs 6lbs. 9oz.!!! As we wait for the doctor, Mandy checks out the exam room. I think she was looking for an escape route! Of course the vet is a man and you know her track record with men. At one point the vet even takes a step away from the counter so Mandy can't take a swipe at him. I am completely embarrassed by this! Why is my loving kitty so mean to other people??? He even takes Mandy to the back in her cat carrier!

Mandy is getting boarded next week while I am in Seattle, and so I decided to get her spayed during that time (yes, I know. I have procrastinated on this one!). That meant she also had to have blood drawn too so they could do pre-op blood work. And I had them trim her "Howard Hughes" claws. I'm such a mean mom, huh? So she was pretty exhausted after all the poking and prodding she got. We got home around 12:30pm and she has done nothing except sleep on my bed for the last 8 hours. I feel a little sorry for her. I'd feel even more sorry for her if I wasn't spending over $500 on her for all of this!!!

2 comments:

Di said...

Poor little Mandy. She will be fine but I know taking them to the vet is never a fun time. My two fat cats (about 11 pounds each) are due shots now. Pepper has to get some too and a check up. Hubby will have to take all three this upcoming week. Lucky me I will be at work!

Carol Swift said...

I feel your pain! Bruster is an "it" now after his stay in the doggie hotel.