
Today JF sent me an article about a guy we went to high school with. Apparently his band is having a CD release party at a bar in good ole' Burien this Thursday. For some reason I really want to go! I avoided my 10th high school reunion a few years ago because I didn't want to be the only single gal in a sea of married former classmates. I felt like I didn't have anything to brag about - no wedding, no rock on my finger, no kids. Honestly who would be jealous of my life? And this event on Thursday is sure to be nothing but HHS alums and maybe a few from MRHS as well. Maybe now I think my life is pretty cool. Or I realize that I can be successful and still be single and without kids. Or maybe I know that the girls who would feel sorry for me because I am single most likely won't be at this event! Hopefully we can go!!
3 comments:
I don't think anyone would feel sorry for you for being single. I'm sure a lot of married people wish they were single again sometimes. Sometimes I wish I was single....I guess I kind of am since there is no ring on my finger.
A man, kids, and a ring do not make you successful.
Carol - that is true, but it sure feels that way! And I think society on whole gauges a woman's success on those very things.
Post a Comment