Friday, February 20, 2009

Famous Last Words???

What do you think of me? I know, I know -do I really want to know the answer to that question? I ask because today at work Dallas described me as "outgoing." Now I have been called many things - good and bad - but I have never been called outgoing. I shared this my mom and I think she even laughed a little! I would always describe myself as shy or reserved. Or that I even seem mean or cold because I don't say much to people when I first meet them. I have to be comfortable with or get to know people before I truly open up. But even then, in a group I am usually the quiet one. Maybe I have turned over a new leaf, so to speak, here in Las Vegas? Actually, writing that last sentence made me remember something that might be connected. This is pretty lame, but about 4 years ago while at Quantico for intel school, someone told me that I was a shrinking violet waiting to bloom. Or something to that effect. I can't believe the person actually said what they did. I feel like that is something my grandmother would say - not a 30 something year old man in law enforcement!!! I even feel stupid even typing it! But maybe I have finally blossomed! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Carol Swift said...

I'm not sure you could maintain the "I'm shy" personality while working in our office. Nobody would let you! I can see the shyness in you, but I'm glad you've opened up and shared your "fun" side with all of us. I love your sense of humor!

Dallas said...

Well I just think that you are outgoing. Maybe it's because you've loosened up around me? I think I can remember the Yelena that first arrived, but you have come a long way since that.