Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Mandy's Heritage


I used to think that Mandy was half cat, half flying squirrel because of all the amazing leaps she makes. I believe 5 feet is her personal best. And yes, I measured. She especially likes to leap from counter (kitchen or bathroom) onto your shoulders. I find it cute except for that brief moment when she lands on my shoulders and scares the crap out of me because I had no idea of what she was about to do!

However, now I think Mandy is half cat, 3/8ths flying squirrel, and 1/8th dog. Yes, dog. Over the last few days Mandy and I have had a few good games of fetch. She fetches better than one of my parents dogs....who is a retriever!! Our games of fetch usually only happen though when I am in bed and Mandy brings me this one catnip toy of hers. She drops it near me and I throw it and try to aim it so that it goes out the bedroom door. Mandy scurries after it, picks it up, hops back up on the bed, drops it in front of me, and repeat. I love it!!!

2 comments:

Carol Swift said...

I've never had a fetching cat--I'm so jealous! Roxy won't even fetch, but Buzz will drive me crazy making me toss a toy over and over.

Dallas said...

Diesel won't really fetch either!! Seems like you got the best of both worlds.